Tuesday 13 March 2018

Borders Art Fair this w/k!

Margaux and Blue  100x100cm Oil on Canvas
I am looking forward to taking part in the Borders Art Fair this weekend. This year I am joining other artists and showing in a larger stand with the White Fox Gallery in collaboration with the wonderful owners, Virginie and Stephen. 

Believe it or not, Margaux and Blue started it's life as a painting referencing the Cheviot Hills and the livestock that inhabit them, mainly sheep. As I began working further on the painting, my pathway veered wildly off course and all that remains of my original idea and subject matter is a reference to the sheep folds situated throughout the hills.

Additional and continuing formal concerns for me are to do with the horizon, a pictorial device I frequently make use of in my work. 
In Margaux and Blue I have unburdened myself (to some degree) of this  and in doing so am feeling quite liberated.... Who would of guessed that a single line, a division of a flat surface could cause so much angst!

If you are in the Borders this coming w/k the Fair looks like it is shaping up to be a great event. Please come and say hello, stand 41.

Thanks for stopping by.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment