Friday 24 March 2017

New work

It has been a while...I have been working  over the winter on a  new series of paintings (about 20 or so) for an upcoming exhibition titled Purlieu which opens on March 30th.

Being incapacitated as I was with my recent ankle operation and subsequent recovery period I was literally tied to the studio...I had little excuse not to work and as it was it kept me going for the 3.5 months that I was unable to walk unaided.

The paintings for Purlieu reference  places I know and frequent, some literally on my doorstep and others further afield.

 They are in no sense literal in terms of the actual topography of the land or environment of these places......they are intended to be more of a representation of a memory or semblance of place.

I have had tremendous fun working on these paintings and have enjoyed the virtually uninterrupted time I have had to work on them.  The exhibition is hosted by LiveBorders and is on at Coldstream Museum, 12 Market Street, Coldstream TD12.

I have to admit there is something quite quirky and a little surreal to be exhibiting alongside the permanent display in the museum which relates to the Coldstream Guards! 

Purlieu runs from 30th march -4th June 2017

Open: Mon-Sat 9.30am-12.30pm,.1.00-4.00pm & Sundays 2.00-4.00pm. 

The private view is on the evening of the 30th from 7.00-8.30pm. All welcome!

NT 6297 2505   1  100x100cm Oil on Canvas

NT 6297 2505   2  100x100cm Oil on Canvas
  Groundswell  40x40cm Oil on Canvas


No comments:

Post a Comment